Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network
Medical malpractice is a type of personal injury where a physician or other health care provider has neglected to do something they should have been done, or performed a wrongful act that left a Washington patient injured. This is commonly the result of a doctor, nurse, technician, or other medical professional failing to meet the required standard of care, based on the generally-accepted medical standards. These standards refer to what a “reasonably competent” health care practitioner is expected to do in the same circumstance.
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury because of medical malpractice, the law is there to protect you. A lawyer with Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network, LLC, will review your case and determine whether you have a valid malpractice claim. If you do, the Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network, LLC will attempt to find you a respected Washington medical malpractice attorney to take your case, at no extra cost.
Situations That May Constitute Medical Malpractice
No health care provider can guarantee the results of a procedure or other treatment. Therefore, a poor outcome does not necessarily mean malpractice has occurred. If you feel that your health suffered because of a medical provider’s carelessness or wrongdoing, talk to a Washington medical malpractice attorney. A lawyer can assess the details of your claim and help you determine if you have a legitimate medical malpractice suit.
Some situations that may constitute medical malpractice include:
- Failure to treat someone who visits an emergency room in pain
- A misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, after evaluating your symptoms
- Failing to properly prepare for delivery or react in an emergency situation (such as ordering a Cesarean section), which results in an injury to your baby
- Using unsanitary surgical instruments during a procedure
- Failing to obtain the necessary permission to operate
- Reading test results (such as a CT scan, MRI, EKG, etc.) incorrectly
- Failing to properly monitor vital signs while administering anesthesia
- Covering up a surgical mistake such as an organ perforation
- Failing to provide the appropriate follow-up care
- Prescribing the wrong medication or incorrect dosage
In a medical malpractice case, victims can suffer a number of injuries, ranging from an adverse drug reaction to oxygen deprivation resulting in brain damage. Some of these injuries are temporary while others, such as cerebral palsy, are permanent.
If you live in Washington and your health has suffered because of medical negligence, please complete the online form and the Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network, LLC will review your case and attempt to pair you with a Washington medical malpractice attorney, if your claim appears credible.